Waste Drop Off Hamilton
How to drop off waste at the garbage dump
- Pull onto the scale, and stop at the flashing red light.
- The service representative working in the scale house will record applicable information such as your weight, identification number, tag and license plate number.
- Once this is recorded the light will change to green indicating you can proceed to the spotter that is directly in front of you, and they will point you to the appropriate bay depending on your waste materials.
- Unload your waste (it is the customers responsibility to unload all waste materials from their vehicle).
- Once your waste is unloaded you will proceed back to the exit through the outbound scale where you will get your ticket with your weight and applicable charges.
- You can make your payment and proceed to exit the facility.
Acceptable Waste Items
Construction/ Demolition Waste:
- Mixed Fill
- Yard Waste
- Dirt and/or Sod only
- Concrete only
- Clay bricks and/or clay pipe only
- Gravel only
- Brick only
Unacceptable Waste Items
- Propane Tanks
- Oil/Car Fluids
- Restaurant waste
- Refrigerator waste
- Green Bin waste
- Front-end waste
Remember we accept scrap metal waste!
Visitor Information for Regional Disposal Services In Hamilton
- Unlike other transfer stations, presorting of your load is not required and can be done onsite
- Always secure open loads with a rope and tarp
- Staff are not permitted to assist with garbage disposal, please contact us to make arrangements if assistance is needed
- Follow all signage and direction from the attendant to ensure your safety